1. Wear comfortable clothing to your class and bring a yoga mat if you have one, but our yoga floor is covered in a wall to wall mat and there are towels for your use. Clothing should be somewhat fitted but should allow you to move freely. Cotton, bamboo or other natural fiber clothing is recommended.
2. Arrive slightly early to class and spend a few minutes relaxing your mind and body. Kundalini yoga is best practiced in an open and receptive state, so a few minutes of meditation greatly improves your class experience.
3. Be ready to engage your mind, spirit and body when you take a Kundalini class. Even more than other yoga styles, Kundalini yoga is not just a physical practice but engages your whole self.
4. Link your breath and your movement. The instructor guides you to move with your breath, but entering the class with an awareness of this link leads to more benefits from the class.
5. Lose your inhibitions. Depending upon your instructor, you may be asked to chant or vocalize, or to engage in expressive movement.
6. Treat Kundalini yoga classes as part of your spiritual practice and attend them on a regular basis.